Gencom 1G Transceivers
Gencom provides high quality 1G transceivers for network, server, and storage systems. These transceivers are specifically coded to be 100% compatible with the original manufacturer hardware. Each product is subject to in depth qualification and testing to ensure that it will perform to the demands of rigorous technology environments.
This includes rigorous testing for both product quality and compatibility coding. Items are engineered to meet ISO, RoHS, and MSA certifications and meet or exceed OEM specifications.
- OEM Equivalent Quality
- OEM Equivalent Compatibility
- We support every OEM, speed, and form-factor
- 100% Compatible with its intended environment
- Gencom transceivers and code are tested in their intended network environment for full compatibility and Quality Assurance in-house which includes 100 testing systems
- Compliant with Multi-Sourcing Agreement (MSA)
- Conform to IEEE 802.3z standard
- Custom EPROM Programming
- Lifetime Replacement Warranty
- Compatible optics that plug into your devices DO NOT VOID the OEM warranty as they are protected by The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (P.L. 93-637) and sections 1 and 2 of The Sherman Anti-Trust Act
Transceiver Profile - SFP
SFP stands for Small Form-Factor Pluggable. These transceivers are used to connect switches and routers to the network. SFPs are hot-pluggable which allows them to be plugged into an SFP port without shutting down the system. There are several types of SFPs which allow for a wide variety of combinations on a port-by-port basis. SFPs will typically have an LC fiber or RJ45 copper interface.
Form Factor Details
- Replaced the GBIC – greatly improved port density
- Wide variety of options, 1GB, BiDi, CWDM/DWDM, SONET/SDH, 2G/4G Fiber Channel
- RJ45, Duplex LC, Simplex LC, or Simplex SC connectors
- Still very commonly used and it’s form factor will continue to be popular for years to come
- OEM Compatible with Cisco, HPE, Aruba, Arista, Juniper, Brocade, Dell Force10, Avaya, IBM, Extreme, Linksys, and 90+ more
1G Server to Switch Connection
1. GLC-SX-MM-GT GE SFP LC connector SX transceiver Cisco Compatible
2. GT-LCLCDM3A-10M LC/LC Duplex Multimode OM3 50/125, OFNR Riser 2.0mm Bend-Insensitive Zipcord Cable Aqua- 10M
3. GLC-SX-MM-GT GE SFP LC connector SX transceiver Cisco Compatible
Meeting and Exceeding the Standards
Did you know system manufacturers such as Cisco do not build the transceivers and cables that they supply?
Instead, these items are purchased from global contract manufacturers.These items are then labeled, coded, packaged and sold at astronomically inflated prices.
Gencom is labeled, coded and packaged to meet or exceed the specification of the product provided by the manufacturer at a fraction of the price.
Each item is subject to in-depth qualification and testing to ensure that it will be 100% compatible with the OEM solution, and will accommodate the demands of the most rigorous technology environments.