Are you an aspiring Network Engineer looking for a new challenge? Do you have a passion for technology and quality? Are you reliable, solutions-oriented, and a team player? Are you itching to join a fast-paced, dynamic company that’s growing and has a bright future? If so, we are interested in speaking with you!
As a Technical Engineer, the position provides testing and troubleshooting of voice, networking, server and storage products (Cisco, Extreme, HP, Juniper, Dell, Avaya, Polycom etc.); inclusive of verifying part numbers, upgrading equipment based on vendor recommendations and/or configuring and testing custom build requests from customers. The position is also responsible for developing and writing new testing procedures and providing pre/post technical support/expertise over the telephone, email, and remote desktop connection(s) to internal sales personnel (as required) and external customers.
The position is responsible for meeting all established service level agreements/goals (SLA’s) for buyback equipment, lot buys, stock buys, COD’s, Voice/Data Return Materials Authorizations and/or those customers requiring priority shipping (order, test and ship in the same day). The position is involved in cross-training efforts across product lines and ensuring compliance with customer specifications and company/vendor requirements. The position works closely with sales operations, management, sales personnel, and other members of operations.
Essential Duties/Primary Responsibilities
- Adhere to the standard service level agreement goals (SLA’s) for hardware (Voice, networking, server and storage products) testing
- Verifying part numbers, upgrading to current standards and follow-up/resolving VDRMAI’s/DRMAI’s
- Provide pre/post technical support
- Configuring and testing customer requests for custom builds
- Research, document or revise testing procedures for the various products
- Other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- Advanced computer skills including Office365 Applications, and the ability to learn various proprietary software packages, including but not limited to warehouse management systems/customer service, labeling and asset management software, and Test Automation and Orchestration software.
- Prior experience utilizing network management and diagnostic tools to assist with troubleshooting, and detailed packet analysis.
- The ability to maintain and enhance technical knowledge and obtain Certifications for all Authorized partners.
- Prior experience with Server hardware, Server OS, DNS, DHCP, CME, UCS, VoIP, SCCP, SIP, ATA, PBX, FTP/TFTP, Firewalls, Routing, Switching, VLAN, Wireless, PoE, IOS, configuration, Licensing, PC Imaging, PC Building, VMware, Hyper-v, and Secure Data Erasure are added pluses.
- Certifications in A+ Net+, JNCIA, CCNA, CCNA: Voice, CCNA: Wireless, CCNP, and/or various sales and support based certification for the varying product lines would be added pluses.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School or general education degree (GED) or one (1) to two (2) years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English using various communication methods (electronic and/or verbal communication methodologies); ability to communicate clearly and concisely across organizational levels; ability to analyze and interpret complex business and/or technical trade documents; ability to research and write product procedure documents.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to deal with problems in standard situations; ability to solve problems in a variety of situations; ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to embrace and manage change
- Ability to multi-task
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The physical activity level for this position is moderate (performing somewhat strenuous activities). While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, talk, hear or see and occasionally climb, balance, stoop and kneel.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds (over 50% of the time) and frequently (0-25% of the time) lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. On occasion (less than 25% of the time) an employee will be asked to assist another employee to lift and/or move over 75 pounds.
- The employee must have manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with fingers for extended periods of time
- Visual requirements include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Well lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office/warehouse setting with adequate ventilation
- Monday – Friday: 9 am to 6 pm; occasionally some extended month-end work is required
- No travel is required in this position
About Trifecta Networks:
Trifecta Networks is a global provider of IT Solutions headquartered in Tampa, FL, with a satellite office in Syracuse, NY. We’ve been in business for nearly two decades, focused on helping our customers drive efficiency and savings with no trade-off on quality as it relates to their IT infrastructure investments. We differentiate vs. the competition with an unwavering focus on the customer experience and on developing long-term partnerships with our customers and vendors. We are a sales driven organization where every aspect of the business is designed around the customer experience and supporting the sales organization’s ability to deliver on our promise of hyper-responsive, reliable service grounded on deep technical expertise. Our business is organized across the four main stages of the IT lifecycle:
- IT Solution Provider (hardware): based on a hybrid approach blending the best of both new and certified pre-owned (CPO) infrastructure hardware that delivers quality at a discount and allows our customers to stretch budgets and do more with less
- Professional Field Services: highly specialized professional services and project management that support equipment from deployment through decommissioning allowing customers to focus on running their business
- 3rd Party Maintenance: designed for legacy IT infrastructure equipment, our customizable, low-cost alternatives to OEM support contracts ensure customers pay only for what they need
- IT Asset Disposition: when equipment has reached the end of its useful life for one organization, Trifecta’s ITAD capabilities allow for hassle free and secure removal, certified data destruction and either remarketing or recycling. If equipment can be remarketed, Trifecta pays top dollar which can be used to offset the cost of the new equipment coming in and therefore increase overall ROI on IT infrastructure investments
Trifecta views its people as its best asset and as a result, there’s an extraordinary focus on developing a world class culture focused on teamwork, customer service, accountability and fun. Our goal is to make Trifecta the absolute best place any of us has ever worked.
Our culture is based on these core values:
- Deliver What You Promise: Be reliable, be truthful and be accountable
- Care for Others: Treat others how you’d like to be treated
- Take Pride in all You Do: Commit to excellence, take ownership – be solution oriented
- Have Some Freaking Fun: Life is short, work can be fun. Don’t take yourself too seriously
- Build Lasting Relationships: We are in the relationship business, we’re here for the long haul
Tampa, Florida, United States
What we bring to you:
At Trifecta Networks, sales are our drive, but fun with our team is required. We offer a modern, sleek work environment with your favorite tunes in the background. We enjoy regular happy hours, and catered lunch!
We offer a generous compensation package, including the opportunity for:
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity for quarterly and yearly performance-based rewards
- Full medical with dental and vision with Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Long- and short-term disability
As a condition of employment, upon offer, candidates will be required to participate in a background check and complete a pre-employment drug screen.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Trifecta Networks is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
- Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Tags: marketing coordinator