Gencom provides high quality 1G transceivers for network, server, and storage systems. These transceivers are specifically coded to be 100% compatible with the original manufacturer hardware. Each product is subject to in depth qualification and testing to ensure that it will perform to the demands of rigorous technology environments.
This includes rigorous testing for both product quality and compatibility coding. Items are engineered to meet ISO, RoHS, and MSA certifications and meet or exceed OEM specifications.
Transceiver Profile – SFP
SFP stands for Small Form-Factor Pluggable. These transceivers are used to connect switches and routers to the network. SFPs are hot-pluggable which allows them to be plugged into an SFP port without shutting down the system. There are several types of SFPs which allow for a wide variety of combinations on a port-by-port basis. SFPs will typically have an LC fiber or RJ45 copper interface.
Form Factor Details
- Replaced the GBIC – greatly improved port density
- Wide variety of options, 1GB, BiDi, CWDM/DWDM, SONET/SDH, 2G/4G Fiber Channel
- RJ45, Duplex LC, Simplex LC, or Simplex SC connectors
- Still very commonly used and it’s form factor will continue to be popular for years to come
- OEM Compatible with Cisco, HPE, Aruba, Arista, Juniper, Brocade, Dell Force10, Avaya, IBM, Extreme, Linksys, and 90+ more