The demand for wireless access is continuously increasing and with the growing use of tablets, laptops, and mobile phones in the workplace, wireless-network responsiveness and versatility are becoming essential.
Wi-Fi 6 helps accommodate the growing number of mobile and IoT devices by increasing network efficiency and speed to better meet IT and business requirements combined with real-time cloud management for security, visibility, and control.
The Benefits of Wi-Fi 6
- Higher data rates and faster speeds
- Increased capacity
- Improved performance in environments with many connected devices
- Automated resource management
- BLE & IoT support
- Improved power efficiency
Features of Wi-Fi 6
- Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) within Wi-Fi 6 divides channels into smaller segments and allows multiple devices to connect simultaneously.
- Multi-user Multiple-Input, Multiple-Output (MU-MIMO) allows more downlink data to be transferred at one time, enabling access points (APs) to concurrently handle more devices.
- Max channel-width – The larger a channel’s width, the more data can be transmitted on it at once, thus increasing throughput and bandwidth, which is important to performance when using high-bandwidth applications like streaming video.
- Wireless Protected Access 3 (WPA3) is the next evolution of individualized data protection.
How do I choose a Wi-Fi 6 vendor?
- Demonstrate industry leadership as recognized by leading analysts such as Gartner.
- Deliver built-in security across wired and wireless networks.
- Simplify operations by enabling AI and machine learning to automate optimization and provide actionable recommendations to remediate issues in real-time.
- Offer secure, energy-efficient IoT capabilities to enable you to leverage APs as an IoT connectivity platform using Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), Zigbee, or USB connectivity.
- Provide the flexibility to manage on-prem or in the cloud and to deploy with or without local controllers.
When choosing a Wi-Fi vendor it is important to consider your entire platform to identify compatibility or performance bottlenecks.
Don’t know where to begin with implementing Wi-Fi 6 in your organization? Let our team of expert engineers create a custom solution that fits your organization’s needs.